Thursday, December 4, 2008






So today Reesey got an awesome, huge dog house. It could really be on MTV cribs.

As I was coming in the house from work I caught a glimpse of a giant white house in the corner of my eye. It was Reesey’s new dog house, or should I say, mansion. We had a carpenter make her a dog house since she hangs out outside while I am at work. We were borrowing one from someone, but she quickly outgrew it! I asked for it to be big since I expect her to be a big girl, but jeez was I shocked when I saw this! I did have some warning that it was going to be large though- two of my Dad’s coworkers saw it being built and both joked that it could be suitable for a human.
Sure enough, it is a dog mansion.

Of course I immediately crawled inside the house with Reesey to check it out. I can extend my legs out completely, in BOTH directions. (I am 5’’7 ½, I can’t even do that in a bathtub!) Also, my head is nowhere near touching the roof.
So if the economy is still bad in the U.S when I move home and I am out of luck for a place to live, at least know that both Reesey and I will fit in her dog house! (Lets be real though, we all know I will be living back at granby ct. with my parents, so I hope this fits on our porch!) Sorry Mom and Dad, you can’t get rid of us : )
And on a side note, Meg and Steve- I think Kaitlyn will be able to use this as a great playhouse too!

After we had crawled into the house there was a huge thunder, lightening, pouring rain, AND hail storm. Lucky for us, we kept dry in the mansion and watched the hail pummel the yard.

The house is painted white on the outside, and is unpainted on the inside. I seriously want to paint the inside of the house and paint picture windows. I also would like to spruce up the outside since it is so white.

Anyone have any good decorating ideas? I feel like my Wilson clan could especially come up with some great ideas- too bad Aunt Sally isn’t here to paint stars on the ceiling and some scenic murals!

So since I am here alone, I need everyone’s creative support! Reesey is going away tomorrow for her surgery and will be gone for 10 days, so I figure that would be a good time to do it since she can’t meddle with the paint and I can stay occupied with a painting/decorating job!

Please keep Reesey in your thoughts! I hope everything goes well with the surgery on Friday. It sucks that she will be gone for 10 days too, I will miss her and be thinking about how she is doing a lot. I am trying to keep a postive attitude now!

I look forward to your decorating ideas. This could be like one of those TLC decorating challenge shows :)
Winner gets...some sort of prize from Africa!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint it like a Resses Peanut Butter Cup Wrapper!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! It is sooo much bigger than I thought it would be! I just laugh everytime I look at the photo! How about flowers on the side?

Anonymous said...

I just love that house! How about a map of Africa/Lesotho flag on one side and the US on the other? She's a bi-cultural dog, and as the Granbassador wisely said, the luckiest doggie in Lesotho. Meegs

Anonymous said...

You could paint it to look like an African Doggy Rondo (is that the right word for a Lesotho home?) with some flowers around the bottom here and there. I think you have some cool ideas to choose from!

Aunt Sally

PSUMommy said...

I think you should paint it to look like Snoopy's dog house.