Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reesey Post Surgery!


Reesey the day after surgery


So far so good with Reesey! She had her surgery on Friday, and they worked on her for 1 1/2 hours. They completely took out the ball part of the hip bone. It seems really complicated and confusing, so I don't really know how to describe it, other than they took a big chunk of hip out of her! The Dr. said she felt good about the surgery, and that Reesey is a strong puppy.



On Saturday my Dad and I woke up bright and early and went to Ladybrand to visit Reesey.
We got to take her out of the kennel and sit in the grass out back. At first she was really sleepy and not moving to much, but was really happy to see us. The vet tech said that she had been sad, and was on 7th Heaven now that I was there. As you can see in the pictures, the poor girl has a big bald spot, massive stitches, a painful leg, and purple stuff all over! She was quite a sight!

My Dad went off the grocery shop and I stayed and hung out with Reesey. I got to sit outside with her from 9am-12pm. It was pretty great! We just hung out in the grass. I think it was nice for her to be outside of the kennel in the fresh air...and with me of course! (Too bad a got an awful sunburn!)

The office was closed Sunday, but I went to visit Reesey on Monday and today, Tuesday. Each day she seems to be more active and feeling better. She still is not putting much weight on her foot though. As I said before, the Dr.s are happy about the surgery, but are concerned about the possibility nerve damage. Hopefully she will start to slowly put weight back on it, and does not have any problems.

I am certainly happy that things have gone smoothly thus far. Only time will tell.

Hanging out in the grass

Tomorrow my Dad and I are headed off to Cape Town, South Africa! He has a conference there, so I am tagging along. My Uncle Steve will be there for the conference, along with my Aunt Judy. So it will be a nice reunion with family, food, wine, and beautiful scenery.

We will return home from Cape Town on Sunday. Then on Monday I FINALLY get to pick my puppy up. I miss her so much. All of the staff house asks about her everyday and talks about how much they miss her.

Please keep Reesey in your thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery, and to be healthy and PAIN FREE!


Tending to her wounds






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your trip and good luck to Reesey! I am sure she will be happy to be home. She looks sooo big! Good thing the dog house is massive. How old is she now??! She is one big puppy!
love Mom

PSUMommy said...

Aw, oor reesy- although she is the luckiest furbaby in Lesotho, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

what an adorable patient! She does look happy to see you! I'm glad her surgery went well and I'm praying for a good recovery!
Love,
Aunt Pat